Images, 3D images, 360 views, and videos are essential to showcasing your products. Photos of your products are highly recommended. However, if you only have CADs or sketches, NuORDER accepts these as well.
- Images overview
- Image specifications
- Image naming convention
- Uploading your images
- Managing unmatched images
- Confirming your image upload
- Helpful tips
- Key concepts
NuORDER allows you to store up to 100 media items for each product, letting you display standard images, 3D images, 360 views, and videos. For reference, a product is defined specifically as each colorway of a style.
If more than one image is uploaded, hover over a product card to see an additional view. This is the second image in the list of media stored for the product. As a best practice, consider having the primary image as the front of the product and the secondary image as the back, or the two most important images buyers would want to see.
Note: When hovering, 3D images, 360 images, and videos don’t display as the secondary image. Also, if a product doesn’t offer a second image, then nothing happens when hovering.
Select the product to see all available images and videos. Below is an example of how uploaded images appear in the Product Details pane:
Our upload requirements and specifications:
- Supported image file types include JPG or PNG.
- Images must be a minimum of 500 x 500 px (pixels).
- Optimize for web by following our recommended resolution of 72 dpi (dots per inch).
- File size: 500 KB - 1.5 MB (megabytes) recommended, 5 MB max.
- Must save the images in the RGB color space.
Note: Learn more with Image guidelines.
Image naming convention
For images to successfully link to your products after a bulk upload, you’ll want to establish an image naming convention. Each component of the image name correlates to fields in your product data.
We recommend that your image file name includes Style Number, Color, and Custom Suffix.
- Style Number & Color: This enables the system to identify which unique product to choose.
- Custom Suffix: This enables the system to identify the image position. For example, the hero position, or positions 2, 3, and so on.
You can set your own naming convention for your images in the settings section of NuORDER. Go to the Brand Admin settings, select Imagery & Media > Image Settings.
Uploading your images
After you set your naming convention, you’re ready to upload media files for your products.
To bulk upload images, open the bulk uploader by clicking Settings. Then, select the Imagery & Media tab and click Product Images. On the Product Image Upload page, note the requirements and recommendations (example: maximum file size).
Before beginning a bulk upload or transfer, we recommend uploading product data for that image set, because this helps ensure that images are attributed to the right products. Additionally, make sure your images are named according to the naming convention you’ve set up in your account to ensure that files automatically link to the right product.
Managing unmatched images
If an uploaded image didn't match to a product, you can manually match the images in the Products page of your account.
Select the product missing an image, select the ellipsis under the product image, and then choose Manage Media/Images.
Select the Unlinked Images tab.
From this view, attribute unlinked images to the product, then Save.
For more information, see Linking individual images to multiple products.
Confirming your image upload
When you complete your upload, navigate back to the Products view to see that your products now have images.
If you’d like to display a Watermark on images, navigate to Brand Admin > Imagery & Media > Watermarking and follow the steps outlined in Watermarking images.
Consider these best practices and guidelines.
- The components of the image name must be separated by an underscore or hyphen, so NuORDER knows where the style number ends and the color begins.
- If you have hyphens in your style numbers or colors, use underscores as your dividers. Vice versa, if the components contain underscores, then use hyphens.
- The components must be an exact match to what is in the product data. Exact match refers to the spelling and spacing; it's not case sensitive.
- If slashes exist in your style name or color, substitute spaces in the image file name.
- To resize images in bulk, we recommend Resize Sense (for Mac users) or Fast Stone Resizer (for PC users)
- To rename your images in bulk we suggest: Name Changer (for Mac users)
- If you changed your image naming convention, be sure to reload your product data afterwards for the changes to take effect.
Remember, consistency is key! The same image naming rules apply to all images for all products. This means that each image should use the same reference fields, set of custom suffixes, and component dividers.
If you have questions about uploading your images, contact our Support team.