Settlement dates depend on when the transaction occurred and which Payments platform you're using, as well as the associated credit card and the timing of potentially impactful events.
Typical settlement dates
For Visa, Mastercard, and Diner's Club/JCP cards, NuORDER Payments uses T+1 settlement dates and Lightspeed Payments uses T+2 settlement dates. That means that payment typically appears in your bank account 1 or 2 business day(s) after the transaction is completed.
NuORDER Payments (T+1) examples:
- If a transaction occurs on a Wednesday, it will likely be deposited on Thursday.
- If a transaction occurs on a Friday, it will likely be deposited the following Monday.
Lightspeed Payments (T+2) examples:
- If a transaction occurs on Wednesday, it will likely be deposited on Friday.
- If a transaction occurs on a Friday, it will likely be deposited the following Tuesday.
American Express settlement dates
For American Express cards, may take slightly longer for a transaction to settle and be deposited into your bank account. Typically, American Express cards require 5 or more business days for a transaction to be deposited.
If you’re having trouble finding a specific deposit during your daily and monthly reconciliations, we recommend reviewing the card type used in each order. Oftentimes, this may explain why a certain payment is delayed. If you’re still unable to locate a specific order, reach out to our team for assistance.
Events that can impact settlement dates
There are a few circumstances in which the typical settlement date may be delayed.
For transactions that occur on a day that banks are closed for a holiday, expect an additional business day for processing:
- NuORDER Payments: T+2 business days for bank holidays.
- Lightspeed Payments: T+3 business days for bank holidays.
If you don't see a deposit after the additional full business day, then contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Transactions completed after cutoff time
When compiling the transactions included in a daily deposit, we'll include all transactions made prior to the cutoff time on the following day.
- NuORDER Payments: 2:00 AM PT cutoff time.
- Lightspeed Payments: 3:00 AM PT cutoff time.
- If one transaction occurs on January 1st at 1:30 PM PT and another occurs on January 2nd at 1:00 AM PT, then both will be included in the daily deposits for January 2nd.
- If a transaction is completed at 4:00 AM PT on January 2nd, then it'll be included in the deposit for January 3rd.
Bank deposit failure
While we send instructions for deposits directly to the bank, it's possible for some exceptions to occur that may lead to the bank rejecting the deposit. If we receive a rejection notification, we retry the deposit, which in turn can delay the deposit by 1 additional business day.