If your organization plans units per door, you'll probably want to know how each door is rolling up in terms of units and dollars. You may even want to compare your current totals against a preset financial plan. In this article, we'll show you how to do both of these actions.
For both the Totals and Plan features, there are five available metrics:
- Units: The sum of all units entered for that door.
- Products: The number of unique style/colors that have units entered for that door. If you have the same product on multiple rows, it will only be counted once; any SMUs will be counted once per row.
- Average Depth: The total Units divided by the number of unique Products for that door.
- Cost: The sum total of cost x units for all items in that door.
- Retail: The sum total of retail x units for all items in that door.
View Quick Totals per Door
When working your item selection and units, you might want a quick snapshot of each door as you work. Using the Door Totals feature, you can automatically see the total per door for each of the five metrics.
To turn on your door totals:
1. With your door columns in view, click Doors > Show door totals.
2. This will open an automatic section of totals at the top of your assortment grid, with one row for each metric.
If you have your door columns grouped (e.g. by cluster), you'll also be able to see the combined total per group.
To turn off the Door Totals: Click Doors > Hide door totals.
Compare your Door Totals to Plan
Comparing to plan will allow you to see how your totals per door are rolling up against your financial targets. Just like the Door Totals, the Door Plans can be tracked against five different metrics: Units, Products, Average Depth, Cost, and Retail.
To compare your totals to plan:
1. First, if you have the Door Totals currently showing, you'll need to turn them off. Click Doors > Hide door totals.
2. Click Doors > Show door plan, and select the specific metrics you want to see. You can have as many metrics showing at a time as you need.
3. This will open a set of three rows per metric at the top of your assortment grid: Plan, Total, and Diff (the difference).
Plan: This is the target you are aiming for. Type into the cell to define the plan number. You can also copy/paste the entire row of door targets from Excel if you have a financial plan per door already created.
- Units and Products display whole numbers only
- Avg Depth displays one decimal place
- Cost and Retail will display two decimals.
Total: This is the current total for that door, based on the units entered per item.
Diff: This is the difference between the Plan and the Total, i.e. the action you need to take to meet the plan. If the Diff shows +50, that means you need to add 50 to hit the target. If the Diff is positive, it will appear in green text. If the Diff is negative (e.g. you need to remove a number of units to hit the target),, it will appear in red text.
If you have your door columns grouped (e.g. by cluster), you'll also be able to see the combined total plan per group, including the difference.
To turn off the Door Plans from your view: Click Doors > Show door plan > un-check each metric you no longer want to see.
Who can see the door totals and door plan data?
All users who have access to the assortment will be able to view the door totals. However access to the Show door plan feature is only available to users who have Own or Manage level access to the assortment. Users with Edit or View level access cannot see or modify the door plan.
For example, if you are inviting your vendor to collaborate in an external assortment, you can assign them Edit access which allows them to help add items, notes, and units, but they will not be able to see your more sensitive financial targets.