Naming requirements for files and folders
When naming your assortment, rollup, or folder in the Drive, you must meet these requirements:
- Names must start and end with a letter or number.
- Names can be a maximum of 100 characters (including spaces).
- Names can include letters, numbers, spaces, and characters & + ‘ - _
- Additional special characters are not supported at this time.
You'll be alerted if you have entered a name that does not meet these criteria.
Names must be unique
Most file manager systems require that files and folders have unique names within any given location, and NuORDER's Drive adheres to this industry standard.
This applies only within the given location. You can have two assortments or two folders with the same name if they live within different folders.
- Within a folder SHOES, you cannot have two assortments named Fall 2021 Women's.
- You can have SHOES > Fall 2021 Women's, and APPAREL > Fall 2021 Women's since they live in separate locations.
Creating and renaming Items
When creating or renaming an assortment or folder, you’ll be alerted if you have entered a name that already exists.
When moving an item to another folder, you'll be alerted if there is already an item in that folder with the same name. You'll have to rename your item before moving it.
Did assortment names always work this way?
This requirement was added to our Assortments platform in December 2020. As such, if you had prior assortments with identical names, you’ll see that a date and timestamp has been added to the file name for uniqueness. You can modify this name to something more preferable using the Rename action.