RLM can be connected to NuORDER through an API integration; NuORDER will send API requests using RLM's API and the responses returned will update the data in NuORDER.
The data flow encompasses the following elements:
- Product Data - from RLM to NuORDER
- Customer Data - from RLM to NuORDER
- Inventory Data - from RLM to NuORDER
- Pricesheet Data - from RLM to NuORDER
- Sales Orders - from NuORDER to RLM
- Order Edits - from RLM to NuORDER
- Order Shipments - from RLM to NuORDER
Whenever mapped changes occur in RLM, such as items, inventory levels, or customer data, they will be synced to NuORDER an the mutually agreed upon schedule. Please contact the NuORDER Integration Service Desk team to make any changes to sync frequency or mappings.
The RLM integration project is expected to take around 12-16 weeks from the project kickoff to completion. This timeline encompasses all stages of the rollout, including:
- Planning and discovery sessions
- Data cleanup and preparation on your end for RLM integration
- Testing and review in the NuORDER sandbox
- Adjustments as needed
- Final review and sign-off
- Transition from the sandbox to production
- Post-launch troubleshooting
Your team's involvement
From your team, the following key roles will be involved:
- Your RLM Administrator or a technically proficient team member familiar with your A2000 setup.
- RLM Support to help answer technical questions.
- A Sales or Operations Manager who understands your business structure and the sales process.
- Providing detailed information about your RLM setup and sales process.
- Ensuring that your RLM portal is ready for integration (e.g., product, customer, and inventory data is populated in RLM).
- Offering insights into data fields used in RLM and parameters for item/customer synchronization with NuORDER.
- Making necessary bulk adjustments, such as adding new fields to your RLM data, for an optimal NuORDER user experience.
- Designating & reviewing data in the NuORDER sandbox and providing feedback.
- Creating & reviewing test orders in RLM and offering feedback.
- Providing final approval for the go-live stage.
- Monitoring data feeds daily after going live to ensure correctness.
- Collaborating with us to address any unforeseen issues that may arise once your team is actively using NuORDER in the live sales environment.
NuORDER team's involvement
From the NuORDER team, you can expect:
- An Integration Manager who will serve as your main point of contact, overseeing the project and guiding you throughout the rollout.
We will be responsible for:
- Gaining an understanding of your specific RLM setup and sales process.
- Coordinating with your RLM developer to synchronize test data into the NuORDER sandbox.
- Coordinating with your RLM developer to synchronize test orders into RLM.
- Ensuring a smooth transition from the sandbox to production.
- Keeping your team updated throughout the process and addressing any delays as they arise.
- Resolving any unexpected issues that may occur after the go-live stage.
Data transfer method
Data will be transferred using API.
These are the capabilities and callouts for what's supported.
What's supported: Products+Imagery
Creating & updating items: Our system will be able to identify which items are new and which already exist in our system.
Images are supported.
Additional custom fields are supported.
Pricing & Multiple currencies: Multiple currencies are supported. The product data will include a default wholesale and retail price for each currency you are using. Additional levels of pricing can be supported through customer-level discounts or price sheets.
Pricing per size is not supported.
Export parameters: Products that fit within the whitelisted Season/Division codes will be an all-or-nothing sync. There is no product "sync to NuORDER" flag for the integration.
Automated Export Schedule: Hourly.
UPCs are not required. However, we will map the product's SKU id to our "UPC" field through the integration. If you need your 12-digit UPC code, then we will create a new custom field called "UPC_Code".
Images are part of the product data and stored as the image URL. Only a single image per style / color is supported.
Products will be archived manually in NuORDER.
What's supported: Customers
Creating & updating customers: Our system will be able to identify which customers are new and which already exist in our system.
Additional custom fields can be supported if needed.
Multiple billing & shipping addresses are supported.
Export parameters: NuORDER will sync customers based on the Company Number, Customer Type, and Division.
Automated Export Schedule: Hourly.
Buyer data (name, email address, sales rep assignment) is not included in the customer data feed and must be managed directly within NuORDER.
Common upload errors: The most common upload error is when Line 1 or Country is missing from any billing or shipping address. Make sure this is entered for every customer, including department stores.
Process for New Customers: When working with a new customer in NuORDER, you will need to save the order as a DRAFT. Your team will need to add the new customer record into RLM first and export it to NuORDER. Once the customer is visible in NuORDER, the sales rep can open their draft, select the customer, fill in the buyer's name and email address, and submit the official order.
What's supported: Inventory
Immediate ATS (available to sell) quantities: You will be able to specify with RLM which quantities or calculations you want to be sent to NuORDER.
WIP (work-in-progress) inventory with specified future availability dates is supported through the integration.
Prebook is not supported natively through the integration. However, with some custom work done within RLM, there are some potential solutions.
Warehouses: Single warehouses are supported. You will need to set up the warehouses in NuORDER prior to uploading your data. (Go to Admin > Brand Settings.)
Automated Export Schedule: Hourly.
Prebooking: For items that should have an unlimited quantity available in NuORDER, this can be controlled directly in NuORDER via the Admin section or with some custom fields in RLM. If controlling in NuORDER, rules can be based on any product attributes, and you will have direct access to control and update the rules as needed.
What's supported: Orders (NuORDER -> RLM)
Custom fields are supported.
Export Parameters: Orders will be exported from the Approved status in NuORDER.
Automated Import/Export Schedule: ~5-6 minutes from the time the order has been Approved.
Order fulfillment process: Once the order has been synced to RLM, your team will take it from there per your normal approval and fulfillment process.
Order Import Failures: When we send the orders to RLM, we provide the RLM customer code as well as the product id. If any of these values are not recognized in RLM (e.g. if there was a typo, or the record has been altered in the ERP), the order will fail to import. If this happens, you will need to review the order and resolve the issue.
Editing or Canceling orders: After the order has been imported into RLM, any further changes must be done directly in RLM.
Order Splitting: RLM requires a unique PO per order. If order splitting is turned on in NuORDER, your Integrations Consultant will enable a setting to auto-split the customer PO. The PO number will be truncated if it exceeds the character limit in RLM.
The following action must be taken to send orders to RLM:
Order must be “Approved” in NuORDER. If orders are manually moved into the “Processed” status, they will not be exported to RLM.