Company Data is the information pertaining to your customers (examples: retailers, distributors, showrooms, etc.). This template works hand in hand with the Buyer data template. Setting up this template correctly is critical as it is the reference point for several NuORDER functions.
If you're in the Onboarding process, work with your NuORDER rep and download a blank template.
If you're not in the Onboarding process, admins can download the Company Data template by going to Settings > Brand Admin > Data > Company Data.
Select a file link in the Download section. If you choose to download a CSV file, follow the steps outlined in How to best access a CSV file in Excel.
The companies you enter into this template create or update your NuORDER address book, storing the shipping and billing information for your customers at the company level, as well as payment terms and credit status. When editing the spreadsheet consider the below details, best practices, and key concepts.
This template offers several means for controlling pricing:
- Customers are assigned to a specific currency.
- Customers are assigned to a price sheet.
- Default discount or surcharge are established.
- Fill out all of the required fields. Required fields are Customer Name, Customer Code, and Currency. Address information is strongly recommended. If any part of the address information is filled out, Address Line 1 and Country become required.
- In terms of inventory, you can utilize this template to designate from which warehouse a customer orders.
NuORDER supports custom fields at the customer level, but not the bill-to or ship-to level.
- For each line of data pertaining to a unique customer, all fields must be consistent with the exception of address related fields.
- Company addresses for each customer must include at least one billing address.
- Company data must be added before you create a buyer for a specific customer.
- The Buyer Data template will link to this file based on the Customer Code field.
If you're in the Onboarding process, work with your NuORDER rep before uploading Company Data.
If you're not in the Onboarding process, admins can upload the Company Data template by returning to Settings > Brand Admin > Data > Company Data.
Click and drag your saved file to upload it.
You can confirm that your Company Data is live by navigating to the Contacts section of NuORDER.
Want to learn more? Check out Company data FAQ.