For importing orders into QuickBooks for PC, NuORDER recommends a third-party application called Transaction Pro Importer for QuickBooks. Transaction Pro Importer guides you through mapping the fields from our standard order export into your corresponding QuickBooks fields.
Under this process, you will use the Export button on the Orders tab in NuORDER to generate a CSV of your order data. Then you will import that file into QuickBooks using Transaction Pro Importer.
The below guide provides steps to help you set up your import. Transaction Pro Importer also offers an online help forum, help videos, as well as email support for 30 days after your purchase. (They’re good—we’ve contacted them!)
Every QuickBooks Item should be a concatenation of the style number + color + size. This unique identifier can then be loaded into the NuORDER product data as the UPC number. (Please note: This field is case sensitive.)
If Transaction Pro Importer does not find a match for a product, it will create a new record. If you do not want Transaction Pro to create a new item, go to the Program Options page which you can access from the first screen.
Customer records must be identical in both systems to match when importing order files. To ensure that there is no difference in customer records, export customer data from QuickBooks and load data to NuORDER. Customer record is not case sensitive.
If Transaction Pro Importer does not find a match for a customer, it will create a new record. If you do not want Transaction Pro to create a new customer, go to the Program Options page which you can access from the first screen.
Working With Your NuORDER Order CSV
By default, your order file from NuORDER will be ready to import to Transaction Pro without any adjustments. If you are viewing and/or manipulating your NuORDER order file before you load it to Transaction Pro, be sure to sort the data by Order Number before loading it to Transaction Pro. Otherwise, Transaction Pro will create multiple sales orders with duplicate transaction numbers.
About the Free Trial Version
If you are using the trial version of Transaction Pro Importer, the transaction date will be randomly set. If you want to do a test run with an order file to make sure it works, be sure to test a small order. Otherwise it will take a long time to delete the test order from QuickBooks. Once you purchase the full version, you can map it to the NuORDER order date.
Import Sales Orders into QuickBook
1. Export CSV of orders from NuORDER.
2. Open Quickbooks
3. Open Transaction Pro Importer. If it's the first time, you'll be asked to allow the program to access your QuickBooks company file. Click YES.
4. Browse to find/select your file. (Select your file source: File)
5. If you're using an Excel file, select the correct worksheet to import. If you're using a CSV, specify what your file is separated by commas.
6. Import type: Sales Order
7. Click Next
8. Your file will appear to review and modify if necessary. Click Next.
9. Map the fields:
Your QuickBooks fields will be listed on the left. For each field you wish to map, select the corresponding "Import File Column" from the dropdown. (See example mapping table attached). When you're done, you can save your mapping for future use.
10. Click Next
11. The data sheet will appear for you to review and edit if necessary. Click Next.
12. Select your settings.
Select the Item Type, COGS Account, Income Account, Asset Account, Sales Tax Code, etc.
These settings will vary depending on your company's QuickBooks setup.
13. Click Finish.
14. A confirmation will pop up: Begin the Sales Order transfer into QuickBooks? Click OK.
15. Window will show progress message at bottom of window "Processing 1 of..."
16. A confirmation will pop up: Sales Orders Imported to QuickBooks. Click OK.
17. Option to save Sales Order Transfer Log.
18. Sales Orders will now be visible under that customer in QuickBooks!