Below is an overview of a sample rollout, with estimated timeframes for each phase as we work towards your target launch date. Meeting that deadline will depend on both sides — some steps will be our responsibility, and some will be yours. If any stage of the integration process takes longer than expected, we may need to rethink your launch timeline.
DISCOVERY (est. 1-2 weeks)
1. NuORDER, Brand, & Developer will have an official "kickoff" call to confirm the requirements,plan, timeline, etc.
• If you have any special workflows, make sure to bring them up during this call!
2. NuORDER will provide API documentation for products, customers, inventory, and order sync.
3. NuORDER, Brand, & Developer will review NuORDER features & functionality in detail, including business rules & logic.
• Products, customers & inventory: Which fields from your ERP should be mapped into
your NuORDER data? (This mapping template can be provided to your developer to use as a guide.)
• Order & account settings: What settings are required/supported by your ERP?
4. NuORDER will create a sandbox environment to be used for API development & testing, using the settings we have discussed.
BUILD (est. 4-8 weeks)
The timeframe for this phase is primarily dependent on the ability and availability of your development resources & internal team.
5. NuORDER & Developer will perform API OAuth handshake.
- NuORDER will provide consumer & secret API keys.
- Developer will initiate requests for authentication.
6. Developer & Brand will begin testing calls in the sandbox environment.
- Developer will build & test calls to push products, inventory, and customers.
- Brand or NuORDER will submit test orders.
- Developer will build & test calls to pull orders.
- Brand will validate that the orders look correct after they have been imported.
7. Brand will create a larger volume of test orders.
• Brand will place orders with a variety of scenarios, e.g. discounts, split deliveries, new customers.
• Brand & Developer will validate that the orders look correct after they have been
• Developer will make adjustments to the order script if needed.
8. Developer will send all active products, customers, & inventory data to the sandbox.
REVIEW (est. 2-4 weeks)
9. Brand team will need to review the sandbox and confirm that the overall lists are correct:
• Product data -- are all active products included in the sandbox that should be on
• Customer data -- are all active customers included that should be on NuORDER?
• Inventory data -- are the quantities accurate?
10. Brand & Developer will test pushing updates to existing entries.
- Brand will update existing products & customers in the ERP
- Brand & Developer will review in the sandbox and confirm that the products & customer updates are reflecting correctly in NuORDER.
- Developer will make adjustments to the script if needed.
11. If your brand has already been using NuORDER via manual setup: NuORDER will work with Brand to make sure the data already in NuORDER will correctly sync up with the new data that will be coming in via the API.
• Product data: are the Seasons, Style Numbers, and Colors formatted the same way in both systems?
• Customer data: do the Customer Codes in NuORDER match the codes in the ERP?
• NuORDER & Brand will work through any updates that need to be made to existing data.
• Please note: if this step is needed, it will add a minimum of 2 weeks to your timeline.
LAUNCH (est. 1-2 weeks)
12. NuORDER & Developer will move all product, customer & inventory data/feeds to the live production environment.
13. Brand team will use the account to place orders (either in a real or testing scenario).
14. Brand, Developer & NuORDER will closely review the account and data flow and work together to resolve any data questions/issues.