Image Specs: Preparing your product imagery for the first time.
Providing your product imagery:
- Choose a few sample products images from your current collection.
- Resize them according to our specs (see below.) If you need help with resizing, just let us know.
- Email your sample image files to NuORDER.
- We will review your images for formatting and consistency, and work with you to set up a customized "image naming profile" based on your current file naming system.
- Once we've confirmed everything is ready to go, we'll set up a Dropbox or FTP folder for you.
- Resize and rename your full season of images for your launch. (Again, let us know if you need a helping hand!)
- Upload the files to your Dropbox folder.
- NuORDER will upload them to the account.
NuORDER image specs:
- 500 x 500 pixels minimum (preferably portrait)
- JPG format
- Recommended: save for web (quality: 80)
Maximum images per product: 4
- Image 1: ("Hero Image") Displays in the product gallery, orders, and linesheets.
- Image 2: Displays on linesheets.
- Images 3-4 Display on product detail page only.
Image File Naming Convention
How to make your images automatically link to the products in NuORDER.
We'll work with you to set up a custom "image naming profile" for your brand. Let us know if you already have a system for naming your image files -- we can usually work with it.
In order to link properly, your image names will need to include the following:
- Style + Color : so our system knows which product to attach it to.
- A custom suffix: so our system knows how to arrange each image within the specific product ( position 1, 2, 3, or 4.)
It usually looks something like this...
STYLE NAME COLOR NAME 1, 2, 3, 4
or + or + FRONT, BACK, SIDE,
STYLE NUMBER COLOR CODE or any other suffix
Tips for naming your files:
- The defining fields must be separated by an underscore, hyphen or period (so our system knows where the style number ends and color begins.
- Style names, numbers, colors, and color codes must be an exact match to what is in the product data.
- If slashes exist in your style name or color: slashes are accepted, or you can substitute a hyphen or space.
NuORDER has specific image formatting requirements.
The guide for formatting images can be downloaded HERE .