Your Inventory Data indicates the inventory position and quantities of your products. You can designate immediate stock, future stock, and prebook from this file. If you ship from multiple warehouses, you can also list the quantities allocated to each.
Note: The uploaded Inventory Data quantities reduce in NuORDER as users place orders.
If you're in the Onboarding process, work with your NuORDER rep and download a blank template.
If you're not in the Onboarding process, admins can download the Inventory Data template by going to Settings > Brand Admin > Data > Inventory Data.
In the Download Inventory section customize your spreadsheet by adding Filters and choosing the Warehouse, Format (vertical or horizontal), and Type (XLSX or CSV). Select Download.
Note: If you download a CSV file, see How to best access a CSV file in Excel.
Open the exported spreadsheet. See the below example of an Inventory Data file.
Uniquely identify products for inventory updates, using one of the below approaches:
- Approach 1: Use the Style Number, Season, and Color cells as the unique identifier for each product (similar to creating initial products). With this approach, keep the UPC cells blank.
- Approach 2: Use UPC as the unique identifier for each product. With this approach, keep these cells blank: Style Number, Season, and Color. This approach requires that all of your products to have a UPC value.
Quantity, Size, and Warehouse
Enter inventory quantities in the Quantity column for the specific product's Size and Warehouse (listed as default if using only one warehouse).
Use the Date column to specify the inventory's availability: Future (must include a date), Immediate, or Prebook.
Future: Enter the exact date of when the quantities will be available.
Immediate: Enter the word(s) immediate or at once. This indicates inventory available now.
Prebook: Keep the Quantity column blank and enter the word prebook in the Date column. This allows unlimited future bookings of the product.
In addition to an upload, you can also set products as automatically Prebook by specifying product field values in Inventory Settings. To learn more, check out the articles: Prebook, immediate, and future availability overview and Why can't I view a product as prebook?.
If a product offers more than one availability, then add a row with the same product information and a different Date cell. The below example shows a product with Future and Prebook availability.
- If you're working with a blank template, ensure the data in the Style Number, Season, Color, and Size fields match the information provided in your Product Data template exactly (case sensitive, spelling, and spacing).
- Fill out all fields for all products in this template.
- For Prebook items, the quantity must always be blank.
- All inventory statuses must be included on one file. If you split out ATS, WIP, or prebook into separate files, you'll wipe out the previous status with each upload.
- NuORDER supports three types of inventory dates: Prebook, immediate, and future availability.
- Each product can have any combination of the above inventory dates.
If you're in the Onboarding process, work with your NuORDER rep before uploading Inventory Data.
If you're not in the Onboarding process, admins can upload the Inventory Data template by returning to Settings > Brand Admin > Data > Inventory Data. Drag and drop the saved spreadsheet into the Drag file here section.
A prompt appears, letting you know that your inventory data request was queued and that you'll receive an email when the process completes.
The confirmation email specifies the inventory upload result: Success or Error.
This email also links a CSV version of the results, which provides details on any found errors. Use this information to adjust error rows and re-upload your Inventory Data file.