Your inventory data indicates the inventory position and quantities of your products. You’ll be able to designate immediate stock, future stock, and even pre-book from this file. If you ship from multiple warehouses, you’ll also be able to list the quantities allocated to each.
- Ensure the data in the Style Number, Season, Color, and Size fields match the information provided in your Product Data Template exactly - case sensitive, spelling, and spacing.
- Fill out all fields for all products in this template.
- For Prebook items, the quantity must always be blank.
- All inventory statuses must be included on one file. If you split out ATS, WIP, or Prebook into separate files, you will wipe out the previous status with each upload.
- NuORDER supports three types of inventory dates:
- Available To Sell (On Hand, Immediate, Quickfill, At Once)
- Future Inventory (WIP, Replenishment)
- Each product can have any combination of the above inventory dates.
INVENTORY DATA FAQs
Q: What are the required fields in the inventory data template?
A: All fields are required.
Note: Only exception is leaving the Quantity field blank for Prebook items.
Q: Can I upload inventory based on UPCs?
A: Yes, but only if you have included that information in your Product Data template.
Note: If uploading based on UPCs do not include the Season, Style, Color, or Size Columns.
Q: Can I add custom fields to this template?
A: No. Inventory maps to predefined fields – there is no room for customization.
Q: Does the order of the columns matter?
A: No. NuORDER logic is based on the accuracy of the column header name.
Q: I am not planning on managing inventory through NuORDER – do I still have to fill out this template?
A: No. Keep in mind without inventory buyers and sales reps will be able to place quantities to order without limitations.
Q: I do not want my buyers to see actual inventory on hand – how can I manage this?
A: We have various options for controlling this via settings, but it will not affect how you fill out the template. You can establish quantity thresholds (display min or max, i.e. 100+ or 500+), set up “sold out” banners for out of stock products, or choose to hide products from view until quantities are available.
Q: Is it possible for my sales reps to see quantities but hide from my customers?
A: Yes, this is a setting we can turn on for you. It will not affect how you fill out the data template.
Q: Is there a specific format for the Date field?
A: Yes, dates should be formatted as MM/DD/YYYY.
Q: Can my products have more than one type of inventory?
A: Yes, a single product can have any combination of the three types of inventory supported by NuOrder: ATS, Future, or Prebook.
Q: How do I set up my data if a product has more than one type of inventory?
A: For a single product, each type of inventory would need its own line. The information would only differ in the Quantity and Date columns.
Note: For Prebook inventory, Quantity field will always be left blank.
Q: How do I indicate the types of inventory in the data template?
A: Each of the types of inventory has a specific set up in the Quantity and Date columns.
- For ATS; Quantity field requires a number – in the Date field you can put the current date or “Immediate”.
- For future dates; Quantity field requires a number – in the Date field you would list the expected date of receipt.
- For prebook; Quantity fields remains blank – in the Date field you would put “Prebook.”
Q: How will inventory display in NuORDER?
A: When a product is selected, full details become available. Inventory will display at the SKU level. If you have more than one type of inventory, the size breakdowns will be split into multiple tabs based on the type.
For example, the “Beha Skirt” has immediate and future inventory as well as prebook.
Q: Is there a limit to how many future or replenishment dates I have for a product?
A: No, you can have multiple inventory dates for a product. Each date will need to have its own line and corresponding quantity for that product.
Q: I will be manually uploading inventory. How often do I have to update my inventory?
A: This varies from client to client. Best practice is to update at regular intervals that work for your business. To ensure products are not oversold – it is recommended you allocate the quantities you want available to be ordered through NuORDER.